Welcome to the grounds of the Alabama Shakespeare Festival located within the Winton M. Blount Cultural Park. ASF is a privately owned park opened for the quiet enjoyment of ASF patrons and the general public. The following Park Rules for the Alabama Shakespeare Festival grounds have been put in place to make your visit more enjoyable. Please observe all Park Rules.
Violators will be removed from the Park.
- Park is open every day from dawn to dusk.
- The Alabama Shakespeare Festival, officials, and employees are not responsible or liable for lost or stolen property, accidents, or injuries.
- No motorized vehicles allowed on walking paths.
- Pedestrians and walkers have right of way. Walkers and other pedestrians are encouraged to use the interior pathways for their activities.
- Speed limit is 15 MPH unless otherwise posted.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs permitted on site.
- No loud music, noise, or disturbances which restrict the peaceful enjoyment of other Park visitors are permitted.
- No open fires, BBQs, fireworks, or explosives.
- No firearms, BB guns, Pellet guns, bows, knives/sharp objects, or projectile firing weapons of any type are permitted.
- No harassment of or harm to wildlife.
- No swimming or wading in lakes, ponds, or fountains.
- No damaging of building, sculptures, trees, or plant life.
- No Go-Carts, golf carts, ATVs, or other vehicles designed solely for recreational or off-road use are allowed anywhere on the grounds, including the Shakespeare Gardens.
- No engaging in commercial activities that involve the transfer of money, goods, or services, except by written permit.
- No private company or family events, sporting events, meetings, or gatherings without written permits.
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only. No parking along roadways and on grass areas. Violators may be towed at owner’s expense.
- All pets must be leashed and in control at all times. Owners are responsible for picking up any of their pets’ waste.
- The Shakespeare Garden may be used for the quiet enjoyment of the general public unless in use by an approved private party through ASF Management.
- Loitering in and around the building and/or parking lots is prohibited.
- Littering is strictly prohibited.
- ASF reserves the right to close or restrict access to any and all parts of its grounds at any time.
- No blocking of roadways is permitted at any time.
The Shakespeare Garden is owned, operated and maintained by the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and is available for event rentals. Please visit our Venue Rentals page to find out more.