Accessibility at ASF
The Alabama Shakespeare Festival is committed to recognizing the accessibility needs of our patrons and strives to make our productions and facilities accessible to any patron who wishes to enjoy the magic of live theatre.
To order tickets, contact the ASF Box Office at 1-800-841-4273 or 334-271-5353. The Box Office is open Monday – Saturday from 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm CST, with extended hours during performances. You can also e-mail the Box Office at email@example.com.
For group sales, contact Stan Thomas at 334-271-5330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify if you need additional accommodations or accessible seating when ordering tickets. This will ensure you are able to get the most out of your visit to ASF.
Our push-button automatic door (located at the pergola entrance, to the left of the Box Office) offers the best access to the building. Patrons may also be dropped off at the sidewalk marked with accessibility signage that leads to the pergola.
- Handicap parking – Handicap parking is available in the first several spaces of the parking lot closest to the theatre.
- Elevator access – The elevator is located to the left of the Festival Stage entrances and next to the staircase to the lower level. The elevator accesses the Festival Stage balcony, Festival Stage accessible seating on Rows G and H, the Octagon Stage and lobby, and the restrooms. Ushers will be happy to assist you with the elevator and locating your seats.
- Accessible seating – Both theatres are equipped with accessible entrances and wheelchair and companion seating. Please purchase tickets in advance to ensure the availability of accessible seating.
Click HERE to download seating charts.
- Assisted listening devices – Assisted listening devices for both theatres are available in the Gift Shop. Please arrive at least 20 minutes before the start of your performance and provide an ID for the use of the devices.
- Large print programs – Please call or email Leigh Owen (contact information below) to request a large print program one week before you attend a performance.
- Sign language interpreted performances – Find more details below.
- Service animals are welcome.
Sign Language Interpreted Performances
- To allow time for preparations, please give ASF one month’s notice in advance to request a sign language interpreted performance.
- Only one interpreted performance can be arranged for any production, and the first request will determine the date. The selected date and time of the interpreted performance will be advertised, but patrons can also check this page periodically for any updates.
- Sign language interpreted dates are subject to change or cancellation; two weeks’ notice will be given, when possible, in the event of a change or cancellation.
- Patrons are welcome to bring their interpreter. Please contact Leigh Owen to make arrangements if your interpreter will not be seated while interpreting.
For More Information:
One Festival Drive
Montgomery, AL 36117