Four Little Girls:
Denise McNair, Carole Robertson, Cynthia Wesley, and Addie Mae Collins. Four little girls who are multitalented and filled with promise share their hopes and dreams against the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement. Produced in collaboration with Montgomery Public Schools.
The script references the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, AL. This bombing killed the four little girls.
The word “nigger” is used twice in the script.
Drugs & Alcohol
- The church bombing is referenced.
- References to the consequences of protesting are used in the script (blasted by high-pressure fire hoses, attacked by dogs, clubbed by police officers, arrests).
- Threatening phone calls, as well as threatening letters, are referenced.
- The KKK is referenced within the script.
- This script references other bombings in the area—bombings done specifically because of race.