Theatre Etiquette & House Rules
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASK AUDIENCE MEMBERS TO LEAVE (AND NOT RETURN) IF THEY BECOME DISRUPTIVE.
We ask that you review the following information with your students prior to coming to the theatre.
- Students should use the restrooms upon arrival. Students should know that if they leave the theatre while the performance is in progress, they may not be allowed back inside the theatre.
- Do not eat or chew gum during the performance. Food and drinks are not allowed in the theatre.
- Do not place your feet on the chair in front of you, on the stage or balcony railing.
- NO CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED IN THE THEATRE. It is against copyright laws to take photographs of any kind inside the theatre. You are welcome to take photographs on the grounds and lobbies.
- Turn OFF and put away all electronic devises prior to entering the theatre, such as cell phones, beepers/pagers, watch alarms, iPods, video game systems, laser pointers, etc. Text messaging and game playing during the performance will not be tolerated. (If possible, please prevent your students from bringing such items with them to the theatre).
- In live theatre, the actors can SEE AND HEAR the audience. Please be respectful of the actors by not whispering or talking during the performance.
- Please have chaperones spaced out among your students for maximum supervision.
- An announcement will be made to indicate the beginning of a performance and the beginning of Act 2. Please listen and return to your seats accordingly. Return to the same seat following intermission(s).
- During the talk back, please do not ask a question that you would not ask your Mother, Grandmother or Pastor’s wife.
- Applause after a well performed song or dance during a scene, after each act and at curtain call is appreciated. During curtain call do not rush to the exits. It is very rude to actors.
If an audience member deliberately interferes with an actor or the performance by tripping them or by throwing anything on the stage to create an unsafe environment before or during a performance, the performance may be discontinued and no refunds made. Future attendance by the offending school may be monitored or prohibited.